During the past UbuntuNet Connect 2018 conference, it was clear that more and more NRENs are becoming geared to host Software as a Service (SaaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS). This can be services such as identity management, data management, cloud services, security certificates, repositories, and more. See the List of African NREN Partners to find the NREN in your country, and to inquire about services offered.
NRENs can and in some instances already play an important role in making open science and the sharing of research data (incl. Big Data) a success.
An NREN Capability Maturity Model/Duncan Greaves
At ICTP we are organizing a Workshop on Rapid Prototyping of Internet of Things Solutions for Science from 21 Jan 2019 to 1 Feb 2019. Topics will be:
• Prototyping of embedded boards
• Introduction to microPython
• LoRa and LoRaWAN protocols
• Characteristics of analog and digital sensors
• Collection, analysis and the visualization of data
• Sensor requirements for radiative and oceanic monitoring and weather stations
A limited number of grants are available to support the attendance of selected participants, with priority given to participants from developing countries. There is no registration fee.
More info here: https://indico.ictp.it/event/8641/
Deadline for application is on November 9th.
Thank you for spreading this email to Master or PhD students who might be interested to participate in the following school. Funding is available to support the participation of a limited number of participants.
WINTER SCHOOL on "Applied Non-Linear Dynamics" at AIMS Senegal
M'Bour , Senegal 04 - 08 February 2019.
Conferences at the "Institut de Mathématiques et de Sciences Physiques" in Benin:
1. Operations Research Techniques and Applications School for Africa (ORTASA): Nov. 20-29, 2018. ( Announcement PDF version link here)
2. First Data Science School: Dec. 6-14, 2018. (Announcement PDF Version link here)