At ICTP we are organizing a Workshop on Rapid Prototyping of Internet of Things Solutions for Science from 21 Jan 2019 to 1 Feb 2019. Topics will be:
• Prototyping of embedded boards
• Introduction to microPython
• LoRa and LoRaWAN protocols
• Characteristics of analog and digital sensors
• Collection, analysis and the visualization of data
• Sensor requirements for radiative and oceanic monitoring and weather stations
A limited number of grants are available to support the attendance of selected participants, with priority given to participants from developing countries. There is no registration fee.
More info here: https://indico.ictp.it/event/8641/
Deadline for application is on November 9th.
Thank you for spreading this email to Master or PhD students who might be interested to participate in the following school. Funding is available to support the participation of a limited number of participants.
WINTER SCHOOL on "Applied Non-Linear Dynamics" at AIMS Senegal
M'Bour , Senegal 04 - 08 February 2019.
Conferences at the "Institut de Mathématiques et de Sciences Physiques" in Benin:
1. Operations Research Techniques and Applications School for Africa (ORTASA): Nov. 20-29, 2018. ( Announcement PDF version link here)
2. First Data Science School: Dec. 6-14, 2018. (Announcement PDF Version link here)
In partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is offering promising emerging African data scientists of at least postdoctoral standing, attractive career opportunities at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda. Two outstanding African data scientists in or from the diaspora will be given the opportunity to establish research teams of their own at QLA via the AIMS-Carnegie Research Chairs program in Data Science and its Applications.