ZANOG 20 Call For Presentations
The ZANOG 20 plenary will take place on 24-27 August 2020 in Johannesburg, South Africa, and the Programme Committee is seeking content from the community for this meeting.
ZANOG is a group of individuals, who have a strong interest in Internet related technologies. Typically, we are people that work, or have worked at ISPs, WISPS, hosting companies, or other businesses that make significant use of the Internet. We are actually pretty open minded about what the actual topic is - as long as it's relevant to our community's broad area of interest, and the quality is good.
Along with the change of iWeek to localised events across the regions, the technical operations community has followed a similar path of local events with this 4-day conference in late August 2020. Two days of which are tutorials, and two days are a full-technical plenary.
Talks are usually around 20(+10) minutes in length, (including questions), and common subject areas are:
- Network operations
- Network architecture and design
- Networking hardware and software architecture
- Software-Defined Everything (SDN/NFV)
- Peering and interconnection
- Data centre design and operations
- IPv6 deployment
- Network monitoring and measurement
- New innovations in networking technology
- Open protocol standards
- Domain Name System infrastructure
- Network security and abuse prevention
- Impact of public policy of network operations
- Confessions/Stories from the field
- Skills development for a changing technical landscape
- Other - if it’s of interest to you, someone else in the melting pot likely wants to hear it too
But, we're always on the lookout for something different, so don't feel it has to fall into the areas above. We're also interested in hearing proposals for panel discussions, as these are a great way of presenting and discussing different views on the same subject.
Whilst we prefer submissions with slides we will consider proposals that are a work in progress and work with the author to develop the talk and slides.
Submissions are welcome at any time, but for ZANOG20 we would like to have them no later than 30 April 2020 so we can get an agenda out well in advance.
However, don't worry if you miss the deadline and have something interesting to talk about, as we are often able to accept shorter (10 minute) "lightning talks" closer to the meeting. Please also get in touch if you would like to suggest any topics, themes or speakers. Do note that talks of an overtly marketing nature, are not welcome.
Please note that ZANOG is run on a non-profit basis, and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.
If you want to chat with the PC, we can be reached at:
The ZANOG PC